From: Pacho Ramos <pacho@g.o>
To: Matt Turner <mattst88@×××××.com>
Cc: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>, Gentoo AMD64 AT <amd64@g.o>, alpha@g.o, Gentoo sparc AT <sparc@g.o>, Gentoo ppc AT <ppc@g.o>, Gentoo ppc64 AT <ppc64@g.o>, Gentoo ia64 AT <ia64@g.o>, Gentoo hppa AT <hppa@g.o>, x86 <x86@g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: About what kind of changes could be stabilized on all arches by the same arch team
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2014 16:52:30
1 El dom, 27-07-2014 a las 07:31 -0700, Matt Turner escribió:
2 > On Sun, Jul 27, 2014 at 7:02 AM, Pacho Ramos <pacho@g.o> wrote:
3 > > Recently I saw some cases where some bugs reported were getting blocked
4 > > by some arch teams being slow to reply. The issue is that this pending
5 > > bug reports were only related with changes that weren't arch dependent.
6 > >
7 > > Some cases that comes to my mind now:
8 > > - Changes only adding systemd unit files
9 > > - Changes to fix logrotate files (yeah, also to handle restarting of
10 > > services in systemd to stop trying to use openRC ways on them ;))
11 > > - Packages only installing icons, wallpapers.
12 > > - Any more do you remember?
13 >
14 > I suppose maybe there are significant changes to the ebuild, if not
15 > the installed files but I always wonder whether stabilizing an -r1
16 > version that just adds multilib support on an architecture that
17 > doesn't have multilib should actually require any testing.
18
19 In that concrete case I would make it require testing-by-arch as it
20 involves several changes in ebuild and the way things are installed,
21 also usually introduce out-of-sources building that can cause new bugs
22 in some cases :|
23
24 Well, that is the main reason I wrote the original mail: to be able to
25 have a list of the changes we all agree that need no special checking
26 per arch :)