From: Ole Tange <tange@×××××.dk>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Get paid for making a Gentoo package
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 20:22:46
1 I need a package that will install and configure:
2
3 - postfix (http://www.postfix.org/)
4 - open anti virus (http://www.openantivirus.org/)
5 - amavis (http://www.amavis.org/)
6 - spamassassin (http://spamassassin.taint.org/)
7 - squirrelmail (http://www.squirrelmail.org/)
8 - an IMAP-server of your choice (www.dbmail.org would be nice though)
9
10 You can assume that `hostname` will give the correct hostname and that
11 networking is configured. Everything else needs to figure out reasonable
12 defaults automatically.
13
14 The install should work from a Gentoo stage2 system by issuing the
15 following commands:
16
17 # emerge your-package
18 # your-package-auto-config
19 # (echo foo@×××××××.com; echo abc123) | your-package-mail-user-add
20 # (echo bar@××××××××.com; echo xyzzy) | your-package-mail-user-add
21 # reboot
22
23 After reboot the server should be usable as a spam and virus protected
24 webmail-server for login foo@×××××××.com with password abc123 and login
25 bar@××××××××.com with password xyzzy. example.com and example2.com can be
26 assumed to be different than the domain in `hostname`. The MX-record (in
27 DNS) for example.com and example2.com can be assumed to point to
28 `hostname`.
29
30 Please email me your offer and time frame for doing such a package or if
31 you need more info.
34 Questions you might ask:
35
36 Q: If you are registered Linux user #194 why don't you make the package
37 yourself?
38 A: I would like to show my support for Gentoo - and not just by using it.
39 Also I don't have the time to go into all the involved packages.
40
41 Q: Will the package be donated to Gentoo?
42 A: Yes. This is actually more or less a requirement.
43
44 Q: Can I split the package into more packages?
45 A: Please make it as "Gentoo"-like as possible. As long as the install
46 procedure is as the above mentioned.
47
48 Q: Will you accept an offer of USD100000 if that is the lowest offer?
49 A: No. In that case I will do the work myself.
50
51 Q: Why should I trust you to pay me?
52 A: I am pretty well known in the Linux community in DK and an avid
53 advocate of libre software.
56 /Ole
57 --
58 Registered Linux user #194. Get counted: http://counter.li.org