From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@×××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [GLEP] Use EAPI-suffixed ebuilds (.ebuild-EAPI)
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2007 12:51:43
1 On Sat, 22 Dec 2007 17:37:37 +0800
2 Zhang Le <r0bertz@g.o> wrote:
3 > Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
4 > > On Sat, 22 Dec 2007 17:01:23 +0800
5 > > Zhang Le <r0bertz@g.o> wrote:
6 > >> Luca Barbato wrote:
7 > >>> Still I think we should just postpone this discussion and get a
8 > >>> 2008.0 out.
9 > >> And postpone until some doc is out.
10 > >
11 > > There is absolutely no need for such a doc. You don't need to
12 > > understand every last detail of why things are the way they are in
13 > > order to use the new format. The only people who need to understand
14 > > the technicalities are those writing the package managers.
15 >
16 > And what if that is my real intent?
17 > No, just joking, but I am curious.
18
19 Then you're up for a long hard "working it out for yourself and asking
20 lots of intelligent, well thought out questions (because any other kind
21 won't get answers) to people who've already done it" struggle. You have
22 the benefit of PMS to tell you more or less what the package manager /
23 ebuild API is, but you're on your own for the rest.
26 Ciaran McCreesh
27 --
28 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list