From: Henti Smith <bain@×××××××.za>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] broken portage ;P and yes .. it's my fault .. sortoff
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 17:20:16
1 hi all
2
3 Been trying to get nvidia working .. and been crashing horribly on my system, corrupting files left right and center.
4 problem is .. seems to have take something in portage with.
5
6 here is what happens.
7
8 fmg app-games # emerge portage
9 Traceback (most recent call last):
10 File "/usr/bin/emerge", line 9, in ?
11 import sys,portage,emergehelp,xpak,string,re,commands,time,threading,shutil,traceback,atexit
12 File "/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/portage.py", line 4739, in ?
13 do_vartree()
14 File "/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/portage.py", line 4727, in do_vartree
15 if not virts_p.has_key(vkeysplit[1]):
16 IndexError: list index out of range
17
18 I tried to check if anything in archives resemble this .. but find nothing I could see.
19 IS there some way to fix this ?
22 Henti Smith
23 bain@×××××××.za
24 Senior Administrator