From: Bart Lauwers <blauwers@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Tree breakage
Date: Thu, 01 Apr 2004 11:21:41
On Thursday 01 April 2004 11:38, Paul de Vrieze wrote:
> On Thursday 01 April 2004 11:05, Spider wrote: > > please fix the darn Manifest files when you've been touching things. > > That includes when you remove files, when you modifiy patches (!) and > > others. > > I completely second this. You must use repoman. Only in very very few > special cases is it waranted not to use repoman. If repoman prevents you > from committing something, find out why and either have repoman fixed, > or fix your package.
When removing files repoman won't update Manifest, that's bug number one, actually I think it will even not let you commit that update (rm'ed file). And now it also seems when using repoman you still need to verify everything by hand because you can't depend on it to do it properly. So far I've had nothing but trouble with it and it's never given me any helpfull comments, except for complaining about going out of business. So how does one regenerate the Manifest when repoman feels it's not needed? touch one of the non-changed builds and repoman commit or is there another way? Bart -- gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list