From: Sven Vermeulen <swift@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Cc: gentoo-docs-review@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] emerge rsync obsolete?
Date: Sun, 11 May 2003 11:27:00
Hi,

I'm planning on substituting every "emerge rsync" I can find in the docs to
"emerge sync". Is there *any* reason why I should not do it?

AFAIK is Portage 2.0.47-r10 stable on all supported architectures and
2.0.47-r10 has /usr/bin/emerge with "sync" being the same as "rsync":

[...]
                if x[2:]=="rsync":
                    #print
                    #print red("*** --rsync has been deprecated.")
                    #print red("***   Please use '--sync' instead.")
                    x="--sync"
[...]
            if x=="rsync":
                #print red("***   Please use '--sync' instead.")
                x="sync"
[...]
if myaction in ["sync","rsync"] and (not "--help" in myopts):
[...]

Wkr,
	Sven Vermeulen

PS CC'd to gentoo-docs-review as requested by the Gentoo Documentation Policy

--
Thanks to DRM, you know that something has been built in environment of
unspecified degree of security, from source you cannot check, written by