From: Mart Raudsepp <leio@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Google Code shutdown requires 524 ebuilds to be fixed before end of 2016
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2016 14:38:21
1 Ühel kenal päeval, L, 24.12.2016 kell 02:29, kirjutas Raymond Jennings:
2 > I hope this isn't a stupid question...but can we safely assume that
3 > all such google code SRC_URI's have *already* been mirrored?
4 >
5 > If I understand the mirrors correctly, they serve as a sort of cache
6 > of sorts of upstream distfile sources.  Is there such a thing as a
7 > "cache miss" that could lead to a 404 if the mirrors themselves have
8 > to fetch from a dead upstream they've never fetched from before?
9
10 https://devmanual.gentoo.org/general-concepts/mirrors/