From: Bastian Fuchs <bastiaf@×××.de>
To: Alexander Futasz <acid.punk@×××.net>
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] ms true type fonts
Date: Sat, 21 Sep 2002 13:29:32
1 On Saturday 21 September 2002 19:29, Alexander Futasz wrote:
2 > On Sat, 21 Sep 2002 03:29:36 +0200
3 >
4 > Bastian Fuchs <bastiaf@×××.de> wrote:
5 > > where is the ebuild with the ms true type fonts? i thought, there were
6 > > a package in the past!? maybe the package has an unusual name and i
7 > > can't find it!?
8 >
9 > the ebuild probably got removed, since microsoft doesnt have the fonts
10 > for download available anymore.
11 >
12 > -alex
13
14 But the fonts are available at http://corefonts.sourceforge.net/ :
15
16 "# 020815 Microsoft pulls their fonts from their site. Fortunately, according
17 to the End User License Agreement and the faq I have the right to
18 redistribute the fonts in unaltered form. This right I intend to exercise."
19
20 I think, that there is no problem to have a package for the corefonts, which
21 downloads the fonts from corefonts.sourceforge.net.
22
23 -bastian