From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev-announce@l.g.o, gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Semi last rites: app-editors/emacs:21 and app-editors/emacs:22
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2011 16:46:10
1 Emacs team will no longer support SLOTs 21 and 22 of app-editors/emacs,
2 corresponding to GNU Emacs versions 21.4 and 22.3. These versions were
3 released in February 2005 and September 2008, respectively.
4
5 We are going to drop keywords for both old versions to unstable, as
6 soon as stabilisation of Emacs 23.3 is finished (bug 363633). We'll
7 also remove some Emacs Lisp packages that are either included with
8 Emacs 23, or that don't work with that version.
9
10 If you're still using an old Emacs version mentioned above, we
11 recommend upgrading to app-editors/emacs-23.3. You may also update
12 your Emacs Lisp packages with emacs-updater (app-admin/emacs-updater).
13
14 Ulrich (for the Emacs team)