From: Alec Warner <antarus@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] USE flag documentation
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2007 03:05:38
1 On 12/30/07, Mark Loeser <halcy0n@g.o> wrote:
2 > This is a very very rough draft/question about how we should move
3 > forward with USE flag documentation and specification. The entire idea
4 > of a single USE flag having different meanings will need to be revisted
5 > later. I just want to get an idea of how we can document these
6 > different meanings. Please read my ideas here:
7 >
8 > http://dev.gentoo.org/~halcy0n/gleps/glep-0054.html
9 >
10 > Let me know if you like any of those ideas, or if they all suck (and if
11 > they do, you better tell me why). I'm not sure which is the best way
12 > forward, which is why I want everyone to contribute towards the best
13 > solution moving forward. I really don't want to be stuck with something
14 > that is going to end up being a pain a year down the road.
15 >
16 > Thanks,
19 One of the GLEP's primary goals is to provide a global use flag
20 definition and over-ride
21 it with a local definition. How does putting all flags in use.desc
22 and over-riding local flags in
23 use.local.desc not accomplish this?
24
25 How does the glep intend to handle USE_EXPAND?
26 --
27 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list