From: Mike Pagano <mpagano@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] default mta
Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2012 11:44:01
1 On Wednesday, December 26, 2012 09:46:17 AM Eray Aslan wrote:
2 > The current default mta in gentoo - ssmtp - has a more or less dead
3 > upstream and has some outstanding bugs. It is prudent to change our
4 > default mta.
5 >
6 > Both mail-mta/nullmailer and mail-mta/msmtp are lightweight good mtas.
7 > Both packages have active development and provide AUTH and SSL/TLS
8 > support.
9 >
10 > Our current mta list is:
11 > mail-mta/ssmtp
12 > mail-mta/courier
13 > rest of the list
14 > ...
15 >
16 > As net-mail herd, we would like to have the following mta list:
17 > mail-mta/nullmailer
18 > mail-mta/msmtp
19 > mail-mta/ssmtp
20 > rest of the list
21 > ...
22 >
23 > If there are no objections, the above change will be committed in ~10
24 > days.
28 Would it be prudent to coordinate Gentoo documentation changes with the above?
31 Mike Pagano
32 Gentoo Developer - Kernel Project
33 Team Lead - Gentoo Sources
34 E-Mail : mpagano@g.o
35 GnuPG FP : EEE2 601D 0763 B60F 848C 9E14 3C33 C650 B576 E4E3
36 Public Key : http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?search=0xB576E4E3&op=index