From: Bip Thelin <bip@××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] status of gentoo-installer?
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 09:07:42
Hi,

 what's the status of gentoo-installer? Seems that the last commit was 20months
ago. What's in the pipeline/works for a gentoo-installer? Anything planned?

If it would be of interest to the dev-community I'd be willing to build a
installer in java. I have some ideas there. I'm sure there's a need for a
installer in the community/user base but what does the gentoo-dev think
about a "new" installer that's written in java. Would there be any people out
there willing to help out? Would it be accepted as a "official" gentoo-package?

Would be fun to here some feedback and maybe start a discussion around the
subject.

I haven't found any document describing the preffered way of submitting
proposals and such so I'm just throwing it out here to get some feedback.

	Bip Thelin