From: Steven Elling <ellings@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o, Thomas Schweikle <Thomas.Schweikle@×××××××.de>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Various errors related to portage
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 23:11:04
1 On Tuesday 14 October 2003 02:26, Thomas Schweikle wrote:
2 > > As has been mentioned in another thread on this list,
3 > > your fix-db.pl problems are related to a directory
4 > > that cannot be found in /var/db. If you run fix-db.pl
5 > > it will fail on a specific package - remove that dir
6 > > from /var/db and, if you so choose, re-emerge it.
7 >
8 > ... and with re-emerging, this error shows up again!
9 > For this very same package.
10
11 See if there are multiple version of the package installed and if possible
12 remove all the older versions. I had this issue with baselayout and
13 removed all older version and the error went away.
14
15 I can't tell you why the older versions of baselayout were still there. A
16 bug in portage perhaps? None of the options I had set in make.conf would
17 of caused them to not be removed.
21 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list