From: Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] X drivers up for grabs
Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2007 01:32:12
1 Hi all,
2
3 Now that X is modular, we have the opportunity to do something really
4 cool -- let people who actually own the hardware maintain the drivers!
5 Almost all of the open-source drivers are currently maintained by
6 x11@g.o (currently just me).
7
8 I need to lower my maintenance burden a bit, and it makes sense to do
9 this by handing off things I don't have hardware for anyway. I only use
10 these drivers:
11
12 input: keyboard, mouse
13 video: ati, mga
14
15 Reasonably popular drivers that need a maintainer:
16
17 evdev input driver
18 vmmouse input driver (For X inside VMWare)
19 fbdev
20 i810 (a.k.a. Intel)
21 newport (MIPS people, take note)
22 nv (Nvidia)
23 savage
24 sis
25 tdfx
26 via
27 vmware (For X inside VMWare)
28 voodoo
29
30 Also, all the other drivers with the exception of keyboard/mouse and
31 ati/mga.
32
33 Who wants 'em?
34