From: Fabian Zeindl <fabian.zeindl@×××.at>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] USE Flags
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 19:18:33
1 Thomas de Grenier de Latour wrote:
2 > I've put a possible implementation on bug #84884, which doesn't
3 > uses metadata.xml, but instead extends use.local.desc semantics
4 > (meaning that it's no more only for flags that are not global,
5 > but also to override global descriptions on a per-package basis).
6 > The advantage of this approach is that it's simple, both to
7 > implement and to use.
8
9 Hm, thank you, that's what I love about gentoo: It's so fresh and new
10 that the developers accept proposals instead of saying "we don't do
11 that, because we never did that this way!" :-)
12
13 I hope many developers will use this...
14
15 thanks!
16 fabian
19 Musik kann nicht illegal sein: www.fairsharing.de
20
21 I prefer signed/encrypted Mail:
22 http://stud3.tuwien.ac.at/~e0327380/pub_key.asc
23 Fingerprint: CFE8 38A7 0BC4 3CB0 E454 FA8D 04F9 B3B6 E02D 25BA