From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Moving the updated apache and associated ebuilds back into package.mask
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 19:31:06
1 On Saturday 16 April 2005 14:38, Paul Varner wrote:
2 > On Sat, 2005-04-16 at 06:56 +0100, Elfyn McBratney wrote:
3 > > The way I see it, we have three options:
4 > > - package.mask (downgrades for those early adopters)
5 > > - keep the same layout (/etc/apache2/conf, etc.) and wait until 2.2 is
6 > > out to change it
7 > > - have the newer apache ebuilds migrate from old-style to new-style
8 > > config (very hard to do, but possible)
9 >
10 > As a user whose apache install is completely hosed at the moment due to
11 > these changes, my recommendation is all the above, with it being package
12 > masked immediately.
13
14 I disagree. This will actually put you in an inconsistent state as the old
15 apache overlaps with apr/apr-util. What I think would be the best solution is
16 to undo the config changes, but keep the apr change in a new ebuild set that
17 get's updated to (up or downgrading I don't care).
18
19 Paul
22 Paul de Vrieze
23 Gentoo Developer