From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Moving the updated apache and associated ebuilds back into package.mask
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 19:31:06
On Saturday 16 April 2005 14:38, Paul Varner wrote:
> On Sat, 2005-04-16 at 06:56 +0100, Elfyn McBratney wrote: > > The way I see it, we have three options: > > - package.mask (downgrades for those early adopters) > > - keep the same layout (/etc/apache2/conf, etc.) and wait until 2.2 is > > out to change it > > - have the newer apache ebuilds migrate from old-style to new-style > > config (very hard to do, but possible) > > As a user whose apache install is completely hosed at the moment due to > these changes, my recommendation is all the above, with it being package > masked immediately.
I disagree. This will actually put you in an inconsistent state as the old apache overlaps with apr/apr-util. What I think would be the best solution is to undo the config changes, but keep the apr change in a new ebuild set that get's updated to (up or downgrading I don't care). Paul -- Paul de Vrieze Gentoo Developer Mail: pauldv@g.o Homepage: http://www.devrieze.net