From: Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o>
To: Gentoo Developers <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] [Fwd: [gentoo-dev-announce] New gentoo-dev-announce list]
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2007 07:44:37
1 Here's the policy I wrote for -dev-announce. As mentioned elsewhere, the
2 automatic copy-to-dev isn't yet working so people need to send to both
3 lists. Reply-To is currently forced to -dev, but that may change as per
4 Chris's thread "New lists and their usage."
5
6 Useful input appreciated.
7
8 Thanks,
9 Donnie
10
11 -------- Original Message --------
12 Subject: [gentoo-dev-announce] New gentoo-dev-announce list
13 Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 11:55:53 -0700
14 From: Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o>
15 Reply-To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
16 To: gentoo-dev-announce@g.o
17
18 gentoo-dev-announce is now open. The goal of this list is to make it
19 easy to follow changes that may be pertinent to Gentoo contributors.
20 This is intended to be a LOW-TRAFFIC announce-only list of development
21 topics, so we hope subscribers won't feel the need to filter it away
22 from their Inbox.
23
24 Acceptable Types of Announcements
25 - Policy or process changes that affect developers.
26 - Infrastructure changes that affect developers.
27 - Tools changes that affect developers.
28 - Schedule changes
29
30 Unacceptable Types of Announcements
31 - Package removal or addition. This should go on a general -announce
32 list because it affects all users.
33 - Discussion
34 - Anything else not mentioned above
35
36 Some List Details
37 - gentoo-dev-announce is OPTIONAL for project contributors, although
38 highly recommended.
39 - In the future we may auto-subscribe new developers to this list.
40 They may choose to unsubscribe themselves thereafter.
41 - All announcements here will also be delivered to gentoo-dev. So if
42 you follow gentoo-dev religiously you don't need to subscribe to
43 gentoo-dev-announce.
44 - Replies on gentoo-dev-announce go to gentoo-dev. gentoo-dev-announce
45 is a moderated list.
46
47 Thanks,
48 Donnie
49
50 P.S. -- Description borrowed from fedora-devel-announce