From: Stefan Schweizer <genstef@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Project Sunrise -- Proposal
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2006 14:06:18
1 Peter wrote:
2 > Um, there are numerous "new" not-in-portage-tree ebuilds submitted to bz
3 > which have been assigned to teams. However, they may still languish. They
4 > were assigned by the wranglers, and not improperly. Yet, for many reasons,
5 > the bugs wait. So, will there be a mechanism for a contributor to get an
6 > ebuild uploaded to sunrise in this circumstance?
7
8 You need to ask a team member then to move them to maintainer-wanted.
9 Usually the teams have no problem with moving bugs over to
10 maintainer-wanted because they know that they cannot maintain everything
11 themselves.
14 > I would also suggest having some sort of review process for inclusion of
15 > m-n/m-w bugs. Some may not have any relevance (i.e. the program is no
16 > longer supported, or the upstream project has been incorporated into a new
17 > one, or the version of dated). Doing a blanket import of m-w bugs could
18 > make quite a mess of things IMO.
19 This is volunteers work and usually volunteers are only moving over the
20 ebuilds they use themselves. We are not doing this in a general way, but on
21 a per-user per-package basis. We do not plan to run any importing scripts.
22 It will only be done if a user or developer is interested in it :)
23
24 > One of the terrific benefits of sunrise will be the cleaning out of
25 > bugzilla. Nuking open bugs is an especially satisfying experience!
26
27 Sorry, we are not doing this. We are assigning a bug to every sunrise ebuild
28 to make sure that it can be discussed there and is still easily searchable.
29 >
30 > Lastly, what about user contributions? Will users require some kind of
31 > sponsorship in order to have their ebuilds posted? What will the procedure
32 > be (or did I miss it in one of the hundreds of emails)?
33
34 see 5) from Markus' email. You just need to have a good ebuild contribution
35 that we can review with you, You will not gain full access but it is a
36 start.
37
38 - Stefan
41 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list