From: Aisha Tammy <gentoo.dev@×××××.cc>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o, "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>, llvm@g.o, python@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] dev-python/llvmlite update to 0.32
Date: Sun, 10 May 2020 11:21:22
1 On 5/10/20 2:02 AM, Michał Górny wrote:
2 > W dniu sob, 09.05.2020 o godzinie 22∶39 -0400, użytkownik Aisha Tammy
3 > napisał:
4 >> Hey all,
5 >> I was hoping to upgrade the dev-python/numba jit compiler in proxy-
6 >> maint but it depends on dev-python/llvmlite >=0.31
7 >> Current version of llvmlite is stuck at 0.30 which is preventing the
8 >> numba package from being upgraded.
9 >> It is at a risk of last rite retiring because its stuck at 3.6
10 >
11 > It is more likely to be last rited because upstream still didn't manage
12 > to port it to LLVM 9. I don't have LLVM 8 anymore, and I don't have
13 > the resources to build 3 different LLVM versions.
14 >
15 The following issue tells that LLVM 9 is now supported :)
16 https://github.com/numba/llvmlite/issues/523
17
18 They haven't updated their documentation correctly.
19
20 PS: regarding lack of resources.
21 I have a spare computer and am willing to use that to do some testing for
22 interesting packages like these. I hope it can help us keep a few more
23 packages that would otherwise be killed off.
24
25 PPS: an aside, but i was always curious where the term last rited came from.
26 I feel like I am part of the mafia when I use that term XD
27
28 Cheers,
29 Aisha