From: waltdnes@××××××××.org
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] usr merge
Date: Sat, 09 Apr 2016 01:18:39
1 On Fri, Apr 08, 2016 at 04:30:04PM -0400, Rich Freeman wrote
2
3 > Half the reason we don't officially support running without /usr
4 > mounted during early boot is that if we actually put everything in /
5 > that could conceivably be needed during early boot we'd end up with
6 > everything there. Bluetooth keyboards is a common example. The
7 > console should work during early boot, right?
8
9 Seriously... how many people run Bluetooth keyboards on Gentoo anyways?
12 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
13 I don't run "desktop environments"; I run useful applications