From: Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o>
To: Gentoo Dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Usage of dev-utils/ninja in ebuilds
Date: Sun, 26 May 2013 01:55:25
1 On Sat, May 25, 2013 at 9:53 PM, Ryan Hill <dirtyepic@g.o> wrote:
2 > On Sat, 25 May 2013 14:48:30 -0400
3 > Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o> wrote:
4 >
5 >> I'm wondering if we should create a more global function for calling
6 >> ninja in a consistent way. Maybe we should introduce a NINJAOPTS
7 >> variable for users to set in make.conf. Should we create a new eclass
8 >> for this, or just stick it in eutils?
9 >
10 > Is NINJAOPTS a variable recognized by ninja or something that would be Gentoo
11 > specific? It'd be nice if you could parse out what you need from MAKEOPTS
12 > instead, but I have no strong feelings.
15 I was thinking of something like a "eninja" function, which would call
16 ninja ${NINJAOPTS}. But parsing MAKEOPTS would probably work just as
17 well.
18
19 > If there's only two users in the tree right now I don't think an eclass is
20 > warranted.
23 I can't really see ninja use really expanding too much. Maybe I will
24 wait a while and see if it happens.