From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [pre-GLEP] Optional runtime dependencies via runtime-switchable USE flags
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2012 07:47:30
1 On Thu, 21 Jun 2012 09:42:36 +0200
2 Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
3 > > > You just volunteered to write portage patches. Cheers.
4 > >
5 > > Both were already implemented in Paludis, if you're looking for a
6 > > reference implementation to try it out. There are also examples of
7 > > use of SDEPEND in the old kdebuilds, and of DEPENDENCIES in
8 > > Exherbo. I can give you a small patch to turn SDEPEND on for an
9 > > EAPI if you like (it's just a one line addition to the EAPI
10 > > definition file).
11 >
12 > Wait, did I just write to exherbo ml? No, don't think so. 'Implemented
13 > in Paludis' doesn't work here. We're discussing Gentoo features,
14 > and official package manager in Gentoo is portage. If you don't
15 > believe me, check out the docs.
16
17 And since when was "Implemented in Portage" a requirement for an EAPI
18 feature?
19
20 The "implementation" requirement is to avoid REQUIRED_USE-like screwups.
23 Ciaran McCreesh