From: Alexandre Buisse <nattfodd@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: text-markup@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Split of the text-markup herd (sgml/tex)
Date: Tue, 05 Dec 2006 00:48:52
1 Hi,
2
3 the text-markup herd currently manages two very different types of
4 packages: those sgml/docbook related and those TeX related. This is a
5 problem, since many members of the herd (me included) know only one of
6 those two fields.
7
8 That's why I propose to split the text-markup herd into two new herds :
9 sgml and tex (if you can think of better names, feel free to propose
10 them).
11
12 I discussed it already with leonardop, who is mainly dealing with sgml
13 stuff, and he thinks this is a good idea. This should help people
14 finding out the good person to help with an issue and reduce noise.
15
16 I don't know if such things have been done before, but I think that what
17 needs to be done is a massive change in all metadata.xml, a reassignment
18 of open issues in bugzilla and a change of aliases. We can perhaps keep
19 the text-markup@g.o email address for some time, just in case.
22 Thoughts, comments, objections?
23
24 /Alexandre
25 --
26 Hi, I'm a .signature virus! Please copy me in your ~/.signature.