From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Feature request: package.use.stable.mask and package.use.stable.force
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2012 13:50:42
1 >>>>> On Fri, 27 Apr 2012, Chí-Thanh Christopher Nguyễn wrote:
2
3 > Ciaran McCreesh schrieb:
4 >>> * two new files in profile directories supported,
5 >>> package.use.stable.mask and package.use.stable.force
6 >>> * syntax is identical to package.use.mask and package.use.force
7 >>> * meaning is identical to package.use.mask and package.use.force,
8 >>> except that the resulting rules are ONLY applied iff a stable keyword
9 >>> is in use
10 >> This means that an ebuild will effectively change when moved from
11 >> ~arch to arch. The point of ~arch is to test ebuilds before they're
12 >> moved to arch.
13
14 > I agree that the ~arch ebuilds should be tested in the same
15 > configuration in which they will end up in arch. However in this
16 > case, the possible configurations for arch are a subset of those in
17 > ~arch, so the testing covers those too.
18
19 Maybe I'm missing something, but what would happen when the newest
20 version of a package is marked stable? The masked USE flags would
21 become unavailable for everyone?
22
23 Ulrich