From: Michael Orlitzky <michael@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFD: EAPI specification in ebuilds
Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2012 22:15:14
1 On 03/07/2012 03:41 PM, Ulrich Mueller wrote:
2 >
3 > *** Proposal 2: "EAPI in header comment" ***
4 >
5 > A different approach would be to specify the EAPI in a specially
6 > formatted comment in the ebuild's header. No syntax has been suggested
7 > yet, but I believe that the following would work as a specification:
8 > - The EAPI must be declared in a special comment in the first line of
9 > the ebuild's header, as follows:
10 > - The first line of the ebuild must contain the word "ebuild",
11 > followed by whitespace, followed by the EAPI, followed by
12 > end-of-line or whitespace.
15 Someone suggested using a standard shebang the last time this came up,
16 and if I remember correctly it was one of the least-disagreeable
17 solutions proposed. We could of course define our own custom format, but
18 I think something like,
19
20 #!/usr/bin/eapi5
21
22 would be perfect if we could hand off the interpretation of the ebuild
23 to that program. That solves the problem with new bash features, too,
24 since you could point that command at a specific version.