From: James Le Cuirot <chewi@g.o>
To: Leno Hou <lenohou@×××××.com>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o, gentoo-powerpc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Introduce ppc64le architecture into gentoo ! please share your comments
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2015 09:49:55
1 On Tue, 11 Aug 2015 17:22:21 +0800
2 Leno Hou <lenohou@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > Please let me know forward/steps to port gentoo on ppc64le.
5
6 I'm not on the ppc team but I do some ppc(64) testing for Java
7 packages. Although these are relatively well-maintained keywords
8 overall, I think the team would struggle to cope with an additional
9 one. It's also important to note that while ppc and ppc64 can be tested
10 on the same hardware, I think ppc64le would require different hardware?
11 If ppc64le does become popular then I would suggest that we drop 32-bit
12 ppc first. Others may disagree though. :)
15 James Le Cuirot (chewi)
16 Gentoo Linux Developer