From: Knut Feiert <Knut.Feiert@×××××.de>
To: "gentoo-dev@g.o" <gentoo-dev@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GRUB stage1 file not found
Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2001 12:34:38
1 I have changed the partition allocations with PartionMagic
2 and have now hda8 as boot and hda 9 as root.
3 GRUB could find the files but after:
4 Running "install /boot/grub/stage1 d (hd0,7)
5 /boot/grub/reiserfs_stage1_5 p
6 /boot/grub/stage2" .... failed
7 Error 31: File is not sector aligned
8
9 What todo about this????
10
11 Fortunately due to your tutorial on IBM developerworks
12 I could make a GRUB boot floppy which works and
13 gets Gentoo Linux up and running.
14
15 Knut