From: Kurt Lieber <klieber@g.o>
To: Stephen Clowater <steve@×××××××××××××××××.org>
Cc: Gentoo Developers <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] rsync.gentoo.org
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2004 23:38:59
1 On Sun, Jan 25, 2004 at 06:39:08AM -0400 or thereabouts, Stephen Clowater wrote:
2 > My direct question is could a public IP connect to rsync.gentoo.org over
3 > FTP and navigae the contents of it as shown above?
4
5 As other folks have pointed out, there may be a number of valid reasons why
6 this is expected behavior.
7
8 rsync.gentoo.org is not one server -- it is a rotation of a number of
9 servers.
10
11 Your original email seemed to suggest there was some sort of issue that you
12 were trying to solve. I'm responsible for rsync.gentoo.org, so if you have
13 further questions on the subject, please contact me directly.
14
15 --kurt