From: Ryan Hill <dirtyepic@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-dev-announce] debug USE flag misuse
Date: Thu, 01 Jul 2010 05:18:38
1 On Wed, 30 Jun 2010 23:25:32 +0000
2 Jeremy Olexa <darkside@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > What is the consensus on if the metadata.xml specifies that it will add
5 > CFLAGS? Surely it is not as black/white as the global suggests..?
6 >
7 > local:debug:app-portage/eix: Build with CXXFLAGS/LDFLAGS for debugging
8 > support; not recommended for normal use.
9
10 USE flags should not affect CFLAGS unless there is a very good reason. This
11 isn't a very good reason (same goes for its optimization and
12 strong-optimization flags).
13
14 I have a half-done compiler flag policy thingy i keep meaning to finish
15 and post for public thrashing.
19 fonts, gcc-porting, and it's all by design
20 toolchain, wxwidgets to keep us from losing our minds
21 @ gentoo.org EFFD 380E 047A 4B51 D2BD C64F 8AA8 8346 F9A4 0662