From: "Paweł Hajdan
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] RFC: removal of <net-print/foo2zjs-99999999 (earlier versions are fubar)
Date: Thu, 02 Jun 2011 16:04:09
1 I'd like to remove <net-print/foo2zjs-99999999. Non-live versions are
2 severely outdated (2008) and unusable (upstream changes tarballs
3 in-place, digest verification is broken).
4
5 The upstream doesn't support snapshots of the tarball, and claims the
6 auxiliary files cannot be redistributed.
7
8 I think the best course of action is to leave just the live ebuild (I'm
9 using it on one system that has a printer that requires it).
10
11 If there are no objections, I'm going to make the change. My guess is
12 that most people don't care about this abandoned package, and the people
13 who are using it will appreciate removal of the brokenness.