From: "William L. Thomson Jr." <wlt-ml@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Auto adding packages to world was -> Sets vs Meta ebuilds
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2017 04:06:51
1 On Wed, 12 Jul 2017 00:00:24 -0400
2 "William L. Thomson Jr." <wlt-ml@××××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > Again I do much of this via ansible and profiles. I am not even using
5 > a world file, or sets even. I did use sets before my custom profiles.
6 > Did I always use -1 for the past over a decade no? Should all users
7 > have to in order to prevent needless stuff from being recorded in
8 > world.
9
10 The whole purpose of this topic. I wanted to use sets in my custom
11 profiles and I could not.... I did not want to mess with meta ebuilds.
12 I make enough ebulids as it is. Maybe more than any other single.[1]
13
14 Think about that? Why would I be messing with profiles, if I am dealing
15 with things one off? I only am invoking emerge on things I am actively
16 developing or packaging. The rest is handled via other means.
17
18 I do appreciate all the lessons and instructions. Not sure when people
19 will learn to stop assuming things about others. Many married couples
20 barely know their spouse. You have no chance online....
21
22 1. https://github.com/Obsidian-StudiosInc/os-xtoo/
25 William L. Thomson Jr.