From: Tom von Schwerdtner <tvon@×××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] USE settings for specific apps
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2001 11:13:39
1 Hey all,
2
3 Some people have suggested that they would like to be able to set some
4 USE variables for specific apps.....examples escape me, but I know it has
5 been brought up.
6
7 Anyways, I was thinking something along these lines would work:
8
9 ----
10 # Global settings
11 USE = "this that other etc"
12
13 # App specific
14 USE-mozilla = "!this !that foo"
15 ----
16
17 Basicaly, the syntax would be "USE-<appname>". This portion should be
18 simple enough to impliment, however the variables pose more of a problem
19 since you dont want to have to repeat all of the normal USE settings for a
20 specific app and most of the time you just want to specify a USE setting not
21 to use (hence the !'s). Special vars might be good here too, like
22 "defaults" to inherit all the global USE settings...or "no-defaults" to
23 ignore them all...
24
25 .....thats the general idea....comments?
26
27 -Tom