From: Patrick Lauer <patrick@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Tone in Gentoo
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2010 21:48:41
1 On 06/19/10 23:20, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > On Sat, 19 Jun 2010 23:03:31 +0200
3 > Ben de Groot <yngwin@g.o> wrote:
4 >> That is an incredibly shortsighted and cynic look at the community.
5 >> Keep it off this list.
6 >
7 > I consider that remark disrespectful. By rejecting comments in such an
8 > impolite manner, and without explaining why you think the comment is
9 > incorrect, you are poisoning the development atmosphere and making
10 > Gentoo a hostile place for contributors.
11
12 Eh what?
13 Ben notices that you're overly negative, and you attack him for noticing
14 it ... in a thread discussing politeness and all that.
15
16 This is pretty hilarious, but maybe this mailinglist is not the place
17 for wannabe standup comedians.
18
19 >> Not at all. Instead of wasting time on flamewars, and people getting
20 >> upset and leaving because of the attacks, we'd have a bunch of people
21 >> who would know how to work together in a friendly way. That speeds up
22 >> the process to come to technical improvements. Once again: keep your
23 >> cynic, twisted look off this list. We have no use for it.
24 >
25 > I would like to know how well that process is working when it comes to
26 > delivering EAPI 4. Or, you know... Anything else for that matter...
27
28 Quite well, thanks for asking.
29
30 >> There already is a distro that works like you envision it. It's called
31 >> Exherbo. You should try it, you might like it. I would suggest you
32 >> spend your time and energy on that, and leave Gentoo to do things the
33 >> friendlier way.
34 >
35 > That's not very friendly of you. I take it being friendly only applies
36 > to other friendly people, and that the second anyone loses their
37 > friendliness badge all your friends have to jump on them and tell them
38 > to go away?
39
40 Being the insensitive person I am (as sping has pointed out quite
41 nicely) I'd say that you've shown repeatedly that you are not interested
42 in engaging in a proper discussion. So having some negative karma hit
43 you shouldn't be unexpected. Now please do as Ben said and leave us
44 amateurs with our stupid moronic stuff (as you've pointed out multiple
45 times) to do things wrongly while you have a chance to do them right
46 over there.
47
48 kthxbai,
49
50 Patrick
51
52 P.S. If you find any sarcasm, irony or similar you can keep it. Maybe
53 you can put it to good use at last.