From: Terje Kvernes <terjekv@××××××××.no>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] UAE (amiga emulator) ebuild.
Date: Mon, 01 Jul 2002 17:44:49
1 Per Wigren <wigren@××××.se> writes:
2
3 > Saturday 29 June 2002 18.09 skrev Terje Kvernes:
4 >
5 > > since UAE requires ROMs to work, which aren't free, how do people
6 > > feel about an ebuild for UAE? I'd personally like one, because
7 > > when you have the ROMs, emerge is the way to go, isn't it? ;-)
8 > >
9 > > if there are no protests I'll see about getting an ebuild done
10 > > this weekend.
11 >
12 > UAE doesn't require ROMs for games that doesn't use the libs like
13 > intuition.library etc.. Many older games just bypass the whole kickstart,
14 > except a few functions to disable multitasking etc, and they work fine with
15 > UAE's builtin minimal kickstart-emulation.
16
17 hm. okay. I'll submit my ebuild then.
18
19 > Remember to --enable-penguins! :))
20
21 now that I haven't looked at. I'll have to add that. ;-)
24 Terje - who repiles to gentoo-dev.