From: Pete Gavin <pete@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] svgalib
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2001 14:42:16
1 On Sun, Feb 11, 2001 at 10:09:18PM +0100, Achim Gottinger wrote:
2 > Pete Gavin wrote:
3 >
4 > > Hi,
5 > >
6 > > I just added svgalib-1.4.2 to dev-libs. Looks like it compiles fine,
7 > > but I dont have any programs to test it w/ just yet.
10 > svgalib was a missing link. :-)
11 > I'm currently reworking media-libs over here. Don't you think that is
12 > the place for svgalib?
13
14 I don't really think so... svgalib doesn't handle any kind of media
15 format or anything like that. It just lets you use the graphics modes
16 allowed by your video card. There's a lot of stuff you can use svgalib
17 for, not just games. I think maybe we could make a new category, like
18 gfx-libs, for stuff like svgalib, ggi, mesa3d, etc.
19
20 Pete