From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Call for nominations
Date: Sun, 02 Nov 2003 11:30:45
1 Hi all,
2
3 As there is a vacant position for the lead of the desktop toplevel project we
4 have decided to do the following:
5
6 All developers are allowed to nominate other developers for this position.
7 Such a nomination should be accompanied with a short writing why you think
8 this person should be nominated. These nominations should be sent to me. The
9 deadline is for Sunday, November 9th.
10
11 After the deadline closes I will collect all nominations and put them in a
12 list. This list will again be send to the mailing list. Now people will have
13 a week to send me the reasons why the nominees should not be elected as lead.
14 This is also the place where nominees can say that they are not available for
15 the position.
16
17 The reasons in favor and against a certain person will be collected and send
18 to the managers After the second deadline the managers will discuss the
19 nominations until the first meeting on which there will be a vote. The
20 results of the vote will first be announced to the person that is elected.
21 After this person has been notified, he or she will be announced on
22 gentoo-dev@g.o.
23
24 Please take into account the following profile for the lead:
25 - Respected within the gentoo comunity
26 - A diplomatic personality as there are many existing projects which are now
27 more independent that need to be put under the desktop project. Those
28 projects mainly just want to keep doing what they do, and not give away
29 responsibility. I think a diplomatic response will be better here than just
30 pushing.
31 - A vision where the gentoo desktop should go.
32
33 Paul
34
35 ps. So send the nominations to me, not to -dev or -core
38 Paul de Vrieze
39 Gentoo Developer
40 Mail: pauldv@g.o
41 Homepage: http://www.devrieze.net