From: Maurice van der Pot <griffon26@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] What to do with things like -fpie in CFLAGS in environment?
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 19:52:55
On Fri, Apr 15, 2005 at 08:40:55PM +0100, Stephen Bennett wrote:
> > Why is -fno-pie being added by filter-flags anyway? > > Because with hardened gcc profiles PIE is the default behaviour. So, if > something doesn't work with pie (which is usually why one would filter > out -fpie), we need to add -fno-pie.
That's not filtering, that's inverting. In this case I need filtering. I can try to get the developers to change their makefiles, but none of that would help if I can't get -fpie and -fno-pie out of the user's CFLAGS. I could of course close any bugs that I would get because of these CFLAGS as invalid and suggest they use the appropriate gcc profile instead. Would that be reasonable? Maurice. -- Maurice van der Pot Gentoo Linux Developer griffon26@g.o http://www.gentoo.org Creator of BiteMe! griffon26@××××××××.com http://www.kfk4ever.com