From: Ben de Groot <yngwin@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] base.eclass
Date: Sat, 02 Jan 2010 16:12:35
1 2010/1/2 Tomáš Chvátal <scarabeus@g.o>:
2 > Hola,
3 > I have incorporated all fixes to base.eclass that has been itching me
4 > for a while (closes both open bugs).
5 >
6 > Whats new:
7 > * base_src_install docs
8 > this thingie install docs and html_docs from bash array defined in
9 > global scope (or anywhere else indeed :P)
10 >
11 > * all bash variable arrays including the PATCHES one have support for
12 > folders
13 >
14 > * using same codestyle everywhere...
15 >
16 > * using pushd/popd instead of cd
17 >
18 > Diff and full eclass attached.
19
20 I support this.
21
22 Also, I would recommend using [[ instead of [ for tests throughout. It
23 is safer and better coding practice.
24 ( See http://mywiki.wooledge.org/BashGuide/Practices/BashTests )
25
26 Cheers,
27 --
28 Ben de Groot
29 Gentoo Linux developer (qt, media, lxde, desktop-misc)