From: Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] sci-libs/scipy -> dev-python/scipy ?
Date: Tue, 08 Jul 2008 03:34:36
1 On 02:59 Tue 08 Jul , Andrey Grozin wrote:
2 > Wouldn't it be nice to move scipy from sci-libs to dev-python? All
3 > similar and related packages live in dev-python: numeric,
4 > scientificpython, matplotlib... I know that moving packages is a major
5 > pain in the #$$, but the present situation seems illogical (I would never
6 > guess to search for this package in sci-libs if I didn't know it's
7 > there).
8
9 Why would you be searching by looking in categories anyway? There are
10 tons of dedicated search tools.
11
12 I actually object to having crap in dev-python, because things should be
13 categorized functionally instead of by the language they're implemented
14 in. 90% of the time you don't care about the language. But category
15 moves are pretty much pointless, so I don't normally bring it up.
18 Thanks,
19 Donnie
20
21 Donnie Berkholz