From: Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-commits] gentoo-x86 commit in rox-base/rox-clib: ChangeLog rox-clib-2.1.10.ebuild
Date: Sun, 09 Dec 2007 07:22:20
1 On 10:16 Fri 07 Dec , Jim Ramsay wrote:
2 > Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o> wrote:
3 > > Instead of these subshells to save the original directory, a more
4 > > common technique is pushd/popd. Another possibility is 'cd foo;
5 > > stuff; cd -', but that doesn't stack.
6 >
7 > That's an excellent idea, I'll update these to not use subshells in the
8 > future.
9 >
10 > Is there some sort of equivalent way to back-out of whatever 'insinto'
11 > does to the environment?
12
13 You're kinda stuck with subshells if you have to change install
14 directories in an eclass.
15
16 You could theoretically save the variable set by running insinto() and
17 later restore it, but I'm not sure that's supposed to be part of the API
18 (check PMS?).
19
20 Thanks,
21 Donnie