From: Thomas Kahle <tomka@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Ruby keywording
Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2012 15:01:30
1 On 09:25 Wed 07 Mar 2012, Alexis Ballier wrote:
2 > On Wed, 07 Mar 2012 08:00:16 +0100
3 > ""Paweł Hajdan, Jr."" <phajdan.jr@g.o> wrote:
4 > > > Also the inter-bug dependencies are often not resolved correctly,
5 > > > that is the to be keyworded package depends on non-keyworded stuff
6 > > > not listed in the bug.
7 > >
8 > > And this is even worse. Please check things with repoman before filing
9 > > bugs. You can even write automated scripts at least for the "check
10 > > whether we got all deps right" part.
11 >
12 > As a maintainer I can tell you that when you drop keywords on B because
13 > it needs non keyworded A, then drop keywords on C because it needs
14 > latest B then drop keywords on D because it needs latest C, you have
15 > completely forgotten that some arches need A, which ones, etc. There are
16 > scripts for this, and I hope arch teams that like to have a list use
17 > them.
18
19 What scripts are out there? I just do iterated repoman calls without
20 much automation (pretty much as described below). Got anything better?
21 -> please post it!
22
23 Cheers,
24 Thomas
25
26 > As occasionally doing fbsd keywording, I almost never read nor use a
27 > list that is provided since the above scenario often occurs (or at
28 > least used to). Instead of this, I do a depth-first keywording of
29 > packages repoman tells are missing. The deepest package is in the
30 > latest tab of my terminal emulator :) I'll run repoman anyway,
31 > and this approach allows a double checking. Also, since this means I'll
32 > start committing from the leaves of the depgraph, this ensures no
33 > package has broken deps between commits (with the exception of circular
34 > deps of course).
35 >
36 > A.
40 Thomas Kahle