From: Enrico Weigelt <weigelt@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] epatch: reject patches with relative paths
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2010 02:10:55
1 * Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o> schrieb:
2 > On Thursday, December 30, 2010 20:05:01 Enrico Weigelt wrote:
3 > > IMHO, in longer terms, all patches should normalized, created w/
4 > > diff -ruN and applied w/ -p1. Thats how most people do it, so
5 > > a kind of semi-standard.
6 >
7 > not worth developer's time to force it since it poses no practical positive
8 > benefit to us
9
10 It makes it easier for everyone who'll want to work on these
11 patches (eg. people besides the actual ebuild maintainers).
12
13 BTW: I'm not proposing to rework all the patches right now,
14 just set a policy for new ones.
15
16 Even you might not like to hear this, Debian is much better at this
17 point - they a patchqueue per each package, which can be applied
18 fully automatically (w/o additional code in the invididual package
19 descriptors). This allows easy importing into other systems
20 (like I'm doing w/ my normalized git repositories within the
21 oss-qm project).
24 cu
25 --
27 Enrico Weigelt, metux IT service -- http://www.metux.de/
28
29 phone: +49 36207 519931 email: weigelt@×××××.de
30 mobile: +49 151 27565287 icq: 210169427 skype: nekrad666
32 Embedded-Linux / Portierung / Opensource-QM / Verteilte Systeme