From: Mario Fetka <mario.fetka@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Retiring
Date: Mon, 04 May 2009 18:06:55
1 On Monday, 4. May 2009 19:06:12 George Prowse wrote:
2 > Peter Faraday Weller wrote:
3 > > Hi....
4 > >
5 > > Thanks,
6 > > welp
7 >
8 > Sad to hear it mate.
9 >
10 > As the person who did your first install for you (i think) I think you
11 > will be missed.
12 >
13 > I am quite surprised about what you said about the state of things
14 > because i've got the distinct impression from others that Gentoo has
15 > been improving in the past 12 months.
16 >
17 > About the lack of the developers, something I proposed about 3 years ago
18 > might be applicable: has Gentoo ever thought about doing a "Dev Day" in
19 > much the same way as the "Bug Days"? Advertise a day where people can
20 > come and have a chat with developers and get coached because there is a
21 > vast amount of people and knowledge out there and I never see anything
22 > about Gentoo wanting people.
23 >
24 > If you book them, they will come.
25 >