From: Christian Faulhammer <fauli@g.o>
To: Gentoo Development <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: [git migration] The problem of ChangeLog generation
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2010 19:34:48
1 Hi,
2
3 Richard Freeman <rich0@g.o>:
4 > Having branches to do development and facilitate access and testing
5 > seems fine, however we should always have the goal of getting these
6 > tested revisions merged back into the main tree. We really don't
7 > want divergent development to be the norm.
8
9 Right, the extensive use of overlays shows a clear problem here.
10 Users could work on a branch of the normal tree to bring in their
11 changes, which gets merged by a normal developer at some point. The
12 offical dev-lisp category is in bad shape (== not usable at all), while
13 the overlay is in great condition because of some dedicated users.
14
15 V-Li
18 Christian Faulhammer, Gentoo Lisp project
19 <URL:http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/lisp/>, #gentoo-lisp on FreeNode
20
21 <URL:http://www.faulhammer.org/>