From: Chris White <chriswhite@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Proposal: pre-emerge advisories
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 05:52:46
1 > What I'd like to see *before* I upgrade is a list of advisories about
2 > what trouble I'm in for. By the time most people upgrade a package,
3 > someone's been there before and felt the pain. The answers, or at least
4 > the warnings, are in the Forums. Yet searching the forums before
5 > upgrading each package is not practical. Similarly, the build logs are
6 > 99% stuff I don't care to read and 1% that I really do. How to find it?
7 > Better yet, I'd like to see it *before* I build.
8
9 Mommy, mommy! I found another project! It involves lots of cool parsing stuff!
10
11 That's nice dear...
12 I'm going to do this because
13 a) I like challenges
14 b) I already have the framework setup for it
15
16 Chris White