From: Arun Raghavan <ford_prefect@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: New global USE flag: introspection
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2010 19:16:19
1 On 22 June 2010 22:03, Mike Auty <ikelos@g.o> wrote:
2 [...]
3 >> I still think "introspection" is easier to grok. It's unlikely that
4 >> it's going to be used in a completely different sense by other
5 >> packages in the future, so let's stick with "introspection" please.
6 >
7 > Gintrospection gives more information (things starting with g are
8 > generally gnome related, which this is), and grepping for introspection
9
10 It is not a GNOME-only flag. It affects several non-GNOME-only
11 packages as well (udev, upower, udisks, dbus, gstreamer, other
12 freedesktop projects, pulseaudio).
13
14 > will still turn it up.  It also solves the concerns that all the people
15 > on this thread have voiced about introspection being too generic.  I
16
17 Which should not be an issue since any library that has some sort of
18 introspection can use this flag (and the use.desc can be changed
19 appropriately at that time if it does not use gobject-introspection).
22 Arun Raghavan
23 http://arunraghavan.net/
24 (Ford_Prefect | Gentoo) & (arunsr | GNOME)