From: "Tiziano Müller" <dev-zero@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: RFC: Forbid using versions in DESCRIPTION
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 14:50:45
1 Ciaran McCreesh schrieb:
2 > And there aren't specification-compliant Yaml libraries for Ruby,
3 > Python or Perl. That's important. If you're using the thing that Syck
4 > generates, you're not using Yaml.
5
6 Sorry for starting this off-topic discussion. I'd suggest that we first
7 concentrate on what we want (moving DESCRIPTION or not), while not
8 forgetting this difficulty when making the decision of which format or
9 library to choose (which might not happen at all if we decide not to
10 check whether we should change the format of metadata).