From: Doug Lawlor <dlawlor@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@g.o
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Building a cloop image
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 05:50:31
1 Hello list, I am in the process of updating the gentoo iso to meat my
2 needs here and was wondering how to use the cloop package to build the
3 compressed loop back image. Here is what I have done so far:
4 1. created a file of the proper size with 'dd'.
5 2. put an ext2 file system in the file using mke2fs -F file name
6 3. mounted the file and copied files and directories into this file.
7 I can not get the following to work.
8 4. 'create_compressed_fs 512 filename'. Create_compressed_fs seems to
9 write the image to swap space ok and then I see a bunch of garbage
10 printed on the screen. Is this program writing to standard output
11 instead of a file?
12
13 Thanks in advance for any help.
14
15 Doug
18 Make sure your E-mail can be read by everyone!
19 http://www.betips.net/etc/evilmail.html
20
21 Doug Lawlor <dlawlor@×××××××××.net>
24 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list