From: "Petteri Räty" <betelgeuse@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-dev-announce] Security stabilisations
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2010 17:57:04
1 On 07/17/2010 08:50 PM, Matti Bickel wrote:
2 > On 07/17/2010 07:02 PM, Petteri Räty wrote:
3 >>> Do stabilisations on the security bug so arch team members can skim
4 >>> through their stabilisation list by just looking for security@g.o to
5 >>> find the vulnerable packages.
6 >>>
7 >>> V-Li
8 >>>
9 >>
10 >> If you want things to happen this way then it should be at least
11 >> documented in the devmanual.
12 >
13 > It's in the security project's policy:
14 > "once an ebuild is committed, evaluate what keywords are needed for the
15 > fix ebuild and get arch-specific teams to test and mark the ebuild
16 > stable on their architectures (arch-teams should be cc'd on the bug, as
17 > well as releng during release preparation) and set status whiteboard to
18 > stable"
19 > http://www.gentoo.org/security/en/vulnerability-policy.xml, Chapter 4
20 >
21 > As the CC'ing should be done by the security folks/the maintainer when a
22 > new ebuild is ready, I don't think it needs to be in devmanual. The
23 > relevant people should be aware of the process.
26 If relevant people already know the policy and act accordingly then why
27 do we have this thread in the first place?
28
29 Regards,
30 Petteri