From: Jon Portnoy <avenj@g.o>
To: Kevyn Shortell <trance@g.o>
Cc: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>, gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Call for nominations
Date: Wed, 05 Nov 2003 16:35:59
1 On Wed, Nov 05, 2003 at 12:21:17AM -0800, Kevyn Shortell wrote:
2 > On Tue, 2003-11-04 at 00:37, Paul de Vrieze wrote:
3 >
4 > > It is currently a pilot. If this way works out, we will use it for other
5 > > manager elections too.
6 > >
7 > > Paul
8 >
9 > So am I wrong in assuming that this means positions will now be handed
10 > out by popular vote instead of actual qualifications? If your everyones
11 > buddy, you can get voted in and still possibly not know what your doing?
12 >
13 > Hmmmm please help me understand this process better?
14 >
15 > Thanks,
16 >
17 > trance
18
19 When people were being picked out by managers, there was a "that's not
20 democratic!" outcry. Apparently when people are being picked out
21 democratically, that's also a bad thing.
22
23 Heh.
26 Jon Portnoy
27 avenj/irc.freenode.net